Call for artists | Blueproject Foundation
The BLUEPROJECT FOUNDATION is a non-profit entity based in Barcelona whose main aim is to support and promote national and international artistic creation. This service is offered through a residency programme that provides support for artists and exhibits and promotes work that is both relevant to and a reflection of today’s aesthetic, social and intellectual issues.The participating Artists will be chosen according to the conditions established in this…
The BLUEPROJECT FOUNDATION is a non-profit entity based in Barcelona whose main aim is to support and promote national and international artistic creation. This service is offered through a residency programme that provides support for artists and exhibits and promotes work that is both relevant to and a reflection of today’s aesthetic, social and intellectual issues.
The participating Artists will be chosen according to the conditions established in this CALL FOR ARTISTS, outlined below:
This call is open to any artist interested as an individual or on behalf of a group or company, regardless of their age, nationality or creative discipline.
2. Proposals / projects
Submissions should be for original and unexhibited works, with a maximum of two proposals per person (one individual and one collective). The residency grant is for the design, formalization and production of the project. Participants will also have access to the facilities of the El Taller space (if needed) with the subsequent goal of exhibiting in the Blueproject Foundation’s Sala Project, if necessary. Projects submitted may include any artistic-cultural sphere understood as: painting, sculpture, architecture, photography, drawing, design, music, film, video, action, installation, writing, events, performances, cultural management, edition, poetry, ecology, gastronomy, theatre, dance, or any other art form, regardless of the format or technique used. If our workspace is needed during the residency, participants must be able to develop their projects in a maximum one-month residency during the usual business hours of the Foundation (Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 8pm).
3. Presentation of the proposals
Applications must be submitted using the Application Form on the Foundation’s website before 24:00 (Spanish time) on July 26th 2017. In order for the submission to be valid, the applicant must fill in all fields of the form and attach the documentation required, which includes:
A. Project description. It must be a SINGLE document summarizing the project. It must be written in ENGLISH, SPANISH or CATALAN and be sent in PDF format (6 MB max). The document must include the following information:
• Project to be developed during the residency: a conceptual, technical and production description of the project (maximum 1,000 words). The project can’t be changed once accepted.
• CV of the artist, collective or company.
• Calendar or approximate – non-binding – working timeframe, indicating any preferences regarding the time needed for the project’s development.
• Graphic documentation of the proposal (images, video, sketches, models, etc.)
• Any other information needed to fully understand the project (project images or past works…) duly specified on the side.
• Explanation of any other assistance, grants or institutions involved in the project (only include this point if applicable).
B. Budget of the project. Estimated total budget, explaining the different concepts and corresponding economic items, in order to clearly evaluate the economic dimension of the Project.
4. Calendar and timeframe
This call for artists opens on May 31st and it ends on July 26th 2017 at 12 midnight, Spanish time. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
The foundation may contact candidates at any time to ask for any necessary documentation or clarifications.
On the occasion of the fifth edition of the residency, the three winning proposals will be chosen by the artistic team of the foundation led by the artistic directors, Renato Della Poeta and Aurélien Le Genissel.
The final decision will be communicated to participants and to the general public on 26th September through the Foundation’s official website and social networks. The Foundation will not communicate the results for the call individually nor confirm the receipt of projects.
Once the winners are announced, a document will be drawn up outlining the responsibilities and contributions of each, as well as the timeframe for the proposals’ completion and presentation and the resources needed for their development.
During the selection, there will be a telephone or face-to-face interview that will allow a better understanding of the selected project and the artist’s work.
The foundation and/or jury reserve the right to declare the call void totally or partially and open another submission period.
5. Contribution of the Blueproject Foundation
The Foundation commits to providing a range of materials and human resources for the proper development of the winning projects.
• Use of the entire El Taller space for a maximum period of one month (for each of the three selected projects) to develop the selected project. The use of this space includes free wifi, basic cleaning of the space and the tools and resources at the Foundation’s disposal.
• Exhibition in the Sala Project in 2018, if necessary, for a MAXIMUM DURATION of 2 months. The period in which these exhibitions will be held is from March to September 2018. The specific dates will be agreed with the winning.
• Economic contribution of a TOTAL of 16,000 euros net (all charges included) to be shared among the three winning projects, used to cover the project costs or any other expenses directly related to the purpose of the proposal (assembly, exhibition mechanisms, flights, accommodation and expenses, in the case of artists that do not reside in Barcelona, etc.).
• Contribution to the optimal development of the projects through the provision of any information and resources possible within the budgetary and staffing constraints of the Blueproject Foundation. • Communication and promotion of the proposal as well as its exhibition using all possible resources of the Foundation (press, web, social networks etc).
6. Participants’ commitment
By sending the application form the participant accepts a number of obligations:
• Artists allow their name to be mentioned, as well as the graphic reproduction of their work for any kind of promotion or publication that the Blueproject Foundation considers appropriate. • The selected project must be developed within a timeframe and budget that works within the residency programme framework and allows for the work’s subsequent exhibition.
• The chosen artists agree to make good use of the facilities and equipment provided to develop their proposals.
• The aprooved budget must include the costs of setting up and dismantling the exhibition. The foundation does NOT have any assembly personnel or specialized equipment.
• Once the residency and exhibition is over, the artist must choose between these two options: – donation of one of the produced works to the Blueproject Foundation – If the artist sales the works, 30% of the final price (until a maximum that can’t exceed the production costs of the project) will go to the Blueproject Foundation.
• Once the project of residence is finished, the artists commit themselves to recover their works within a period of 6 months. Otherwise, the Blueproject Foundation may use such works conveniently.
7. Acceptance of these terms
Participating Artists will accept all the points outlined in this call and commit to signing a Collaboration Agreement with the Foundation that outlines all the provisions in relation to the collaboration between both parties.
For more information, please check the attached file.
Share this article:
Shubbak is hiring !
Shubbak (meaning ‘window’ in Arabic) supports and celebrates the diversity...
New project : Elephant in the Mediterranean
We are delighted to announce that our project “Elephant in...
Dert BOOM in the official selection of DirectedByWomen
Racines Aisbl is proud to announce the selection of the...