The multidisciplinary HUBS IMMERSIVE festival will take place on the 3rd and 4th of November 2017 in The Hague. The theme for the first edition is “an immersive experience of artistic and social interaction”.We call on works that question the boundaries of audience participation and the engagement of artists in this process. HUBS IMMERSIVE festival is an encounter where artists and audience are engaged towards each other to meet as close as they wish. HUBS IMMERSIVE festival is a multidisciplinary event that offers an immersive experience for the audience with modern dance performances, cross-disciplinary theater, interactive installations and workshops…
The multidisciplinary HUBS IMMERSIVE festival will take place on the 3rd and 4th of November 2017 in The Hague.
The theme for the first edition is “an immersive experience of artistic and social interaction”.
We call on works that question the boundaries of audience participation and the engagement of artists in this process.
HUBS IMMERSIVE festival is an encounter where artists and audience are engaged towards each other to meet as close as they wish. HUBS IMMERSIVE festival is a multidisciplinary event that offers an immersive experience for the audience with modern dance performances, cross-disciplinary theater, interactive installations and workshops.
The festival artistic team is looking for artists who want to push the boundaries of audience participation and set up a frame where each visitor feels challenged at his own level yet accepted in his potential entrenchments. The team is looking for works with multiple level approaches that enable the visitor to feel sufficiently at ease to step from a “classic” spectatorship to a co-author of the art work or/or even becoming the art work itself”
HUBS IMMERSIVE festival aims to offer an exciting and stimulating program of performances and art installations for a curious and adventurous audience. “During his/her experience, the visitor shall self-consciously decide on the ‘role’ he/she wants to play in this immersive context and how actively he/she wants to interact with an installation, with the performers and/or with other visitors.”
We are looking for artists, performers and other creators to propose existing works, adapted version, or work in progress, which falls under the theme of the festival. We privilege interactive performances, interactive art installations or interactive multidisciplinary art works.
Last years students from a recognized Art school can also apply. Mention “student” on your application.
Want to know more about the requirements, the artistic view of the festival and how to apply? Read on here.
HUBS IMMERSIVE festival aims:
· To be a place where questions, answers and/or statements about the role and meaning of ‘the audience’ in a (hyper) media-driven society are formulated.
· To reveal what audience members can mean to each other within the experience of an artwork
· To provide a space where artists and performers get the chance to show their multidisciplinary work on the subjects of inter- and transmedia practices in dance, theatre and fine art. Subjects covered are ‘spectatorship’, ‘usership’, interactivity, participation, co-creation, and audience as artists, game and play.
· To serve as an accelerator, stimulating thinking about and the creation of programs and new productions on the matter of interactive works.
· To reflect with the artists on the role multidisciplinary productions can play as an urban ‘interface’ to enhance social inclusion.
· Besides artistic quality and production achievability, each artist is required to play an active part to promote the festival within it’s own network, (enhancing the visibility of the first edition of the festival.)
· Be active in the program “audience and artist creative hubs exchange”, a three-fold open studio.
· Artists who preferably live and/or work in city of The Hague (or broader in the Netherlands), or had a relation to the city in the past, (ex: studies, expositions, performances, supports, artistic collaborations…)
What we are looking for
· Short performances that can be experienced for the audience in a time frame between 10 and 20 min
· Longer performances that can be experienced for the audience in a time frame of 20 -60min
· Works that invite the audience to engage into the work, the (artistic) game, the proposed universe or with the artists itself.
· Installations that can become performative at specific time frame.
· Works that (from the concept itself and the performance choices) praise human contact
What we will provide
· Exhibition/performance fee
· Traveling cost from abroad
· Professional video / audio / photographic documentation
· Feedback on concept, performativity coaching, creative hubs exchange
HUBS IMMERSIVE festival involves the totality of De Nieuwe Regentes Theater; from its main stage to the dressing rooms.
How to apply
Please fill out this google form .
After sending in the online form, please send the following File for submission to: [email protected]
File for submission:
Compile ONE PDF form that comprise:
1. Description of the project (2 A4 maximum)
2. Short CV of the artists involved.
3. Press reviews
4. Links to videos, photos of the project
5. General technical riders that include: minimal space requirement, time for setup and dismantling, duration of performance (if applicable), technical requirement to be provided by the festival, technical requirements provided by artist, light plan, stage plan (if applicable), any other relevant information.
In case of questions about the application, please send an e-mail to [email protected]